Sport & Fitness
Get fit for study success
Stressed and tired? Regular exercise can help you be at your best academically, socially and physically.
From Aikido to indoor climbing, the University Sports Centre (USC) of the UvA and AUAS/HvA offers a full range of sport and fitness activities for you to participate in.
- UvA students and staff receive a discount
- conveniently located throughout the city
- experienced and trained staff to assist you
- easy to get started
Find out more about the USC schedule of activities and get started today.
Fitness, speed skating, tennis, aerobics, swimming, dancing, golf, and even parachuting: the USC offers more than 70 sports and activities at discount rates for UvA students and staff.
The USC's main building, the Universum, located in the Amsterdam Science Park, is open seven days a week and boasts a large gym, several halls, a climbing hall, squash courts, a dojo, a sauna and the sports bar 'Eetcafé Oerknal'.
Do you want to experience the USC? Come for a free trial!
There are 5 USC annexes:
- PCH Fitness in the city centre
- USC Tennis in Amsterdam Oost (East)
- ASC in the AMC hospital
- ClubWest in Amsterdam Nieuw-West (New West)
- Amstelcampus near the Wibautstraat
In addition, the USC organises activities at specialist venues ranging from swimming to salsa dancing and from baseball to horseback riding.