Artificial Intelligence (Master's)

Graduate School of Informatics - Faculty of Science


For whom

Students and PhDs at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and students at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) can register with us for a number of conversations or one of our training courses without a referral. Students from the Amsterdam School of the Arts (AHK), Hogere Hotelschool (Hotel Management School) and InHolland can only register for this upon referral from their student counsellor.

You can come to us if

1. you have study problems, such as:

  • lack of motivation and concentration
  • procrastination and lack of discipline
  • fear of failure, fear of exams, fear of writing, fear of presentations
  • stress and if you are unduly worried about your study
  • study credit deficit, internship problems, graduation problems

2. you have personal problems that are getting in the way of study, for example:

  • difficult relationship with your parents
  • absent, divorced, sick or deceased parents
  • other family problems
  • problems making or maintaining social contact
  • general insecurity
  • poor self-image
  • worrying
  • being too hard on yourself with regard to studying
  • light to mild depression and anxiety
  • light to mild stress-related complaints
  • studying with ADD/ADHD or autism spectrum disorder

3. if insufficient attention has been paid to your study problems in your current psychotherapy treatment  

We will then look and decide, partly in consultation with the person treating you, if we can help you with that.

You are better off finding help elsewhere if

1. your problems

  • are health problems
  • are serious in nature
  • have been present for a longer period of time

In these cases, you are better off going to your family doctor/GP. He or she can look into what the matter is together with you and, where necessary, refer you to the Praktijk Ondersteunend Hulpverlener (Care Worker Supporting the Practice), the Basis/Generalistische GGZ (Basic/General mental healthcare) or the Specialistische GGZ (Specialised mental healthcare). If you do not know how to proceed, the student psychologists can give a brief explanation.

2. you are being treated elsewhere and you are dissatisfied with it

You are advised to discuss your dissatisfaction with the person who is treating you or with the person who referred you to this person. That is your family doctor/GP in most cases.

Student doctors Oude Turfmarkt

  • Are you a student, do you live in Amsterdam, but do you not yet have a family doctor/GP in Amsterdam? Register with the general medical practice of the student doctors.
  • You can also contact them in the event of an emergency situation or crisis. The student doctors can also give many tips for improving your health.
  • More information about Student docters can be found on the website:

More information 

Published by  Studenten Services

13 February 2018