At UvA campuses you can park your bike in open and closed bicycle parking facilities. The UvA maintains all bicycle parking facilities and bicycle racks on UvA sites. At some sites, additional bicycle racks are also provided along public roadways.
Where can you find the bicycle parking facilities?
University quarter bicycle parking facilities
- BG 3, Binnengasthuisstraat 9 (indoor, secured)
- Bushuis/Oost-Indisch Huis, Kloveniersburgwal 48 (indoor)
- P.C.Hoofthuis, Spuistraat 132, (unsheltered bike racks)
Roeterseiland Campus bicycle parking facilities
- Building A, a bicycle parking facility will be created under Building A (opening date not yet known)
- Building E, Roetersstraat 11 (basement next to the main entrance. Access using staff ID card, public roadway next to buildings E and H, underground bicycle park in building E. Follow bike path from building E to building L)
- Building J/K, Valckenierstraat 65-67 (between CREA and building J/K and at building J/K on the waterside)
- Building M, Plantage Muidergracht 12 (sheltered bicycle parking)
- Building N, Nieuwe Achtergracht 14 (across the street along the public roadway)
- Building P, Plantage Muidergracht 24 (basement, open to the public)
There are parking spaces for scooters and mopeds on the Nieuwe Achtergracht between CREA and building J/K and in the underground bicycle park in building E.
Science Park Campus bicycle parking facilities
There are unsheltered bike racks at the front of the building as well as racks under building section F. Science Park has facilities to accommodate approximately 2,000 bikes. There are also spaces for scooters and carrier cycles.
Use and supervision
- Parking your bike/mopeds/scooters in the bicycle parking facilities is always at your own risk. The UvA cannot be held liable for damage, loss or theft of personal property in a bicycle parking facility.
- Indoor bicycle parking facilities are kept accessible and clean.
- When peak periods are expected (e.g. at the start of the academic year), bike coaches monitor the use of the bicycle parking facilities.
- At least once a year, all derelict bikes and those judged to be abandoned are removed. The cost of bike locks will not be compensated. The bikes will be handed over to the municipal bike depot where, for a fee, you can pick up the bike that has been removed.
- Bike coaches are present on regular working days at a number of sites to ensure bikes/mopeds/scooters are parked correctly.
Contact Service Desk Facility Services (FS)
T: 020 525 1403
Facility services forms
Access all the forms you need to report malfunctions, submit and keep track of reports: www.uva.nl/fs-meldingen (new window).