Programme Committee Artificial Intelligence
Guarding the quality of education
On this page:
What is the Programme Committee?
A Programme Committee is an advisory and consultative body at degree programme level, instituted by law. A Programme Committee is instituted for a degree programme or group of degree programmes. The Programme Committee consists of an equal representation of both lecturers and students.
What does the Programme Committee do?
The Higher Education and Research Act (WHW) defines the tasks of the Programme Committee as follows:
- To issue advice on the Teaching and Examination Regulations (TER)
- To assess the manner in which the Teaching and Examination Regulations are implemented each year (the Programme Committee carries out an assessment by examining the teaching evaluations, the course catalogue and the course syllabi)
- To issue both solicited and unsolicited advice to the programme director, or the College or Graduate School director on all matters concerning the education within the study programme
The Programme Committee does above tasks by advising the programme director or dean solicited or unsolicited on educational policies. The Programme Committee does this by:
- Gathering information (e.g. from course evaluations and panel discussions);
- Advising on among other things the TER and courses;
- Substantiating their advice with arguments;
- Calling attention to bottlenecks in the degree programme:
- Curriculum (connection of courses, exit qualifications);
- Organisation (schedules, rooms, computers, etc);
- Monitoring the connection between prior education and the curriculum.
In summary, the Programme Committee guards the quality of education, and the input of both students and teachers is crucial for that.
What can you approach the Programme Committee for?
If you have a complaint or remark about a specific course, or a suggestion about the degree programme in general, take up contact with the Programme Committee. They will address your suggestions and take action if desired.
How do I reach the Programme Committee?
The current members of the Programme Committee can be found through the link below. The members of the Programme Committee are the first contact for complaints or suggestions. You can contact one of the members yourself or send an email to the Programme Committee.
I would like to become a member of the Programme Committee. Is that possible?
Students who want to discuss the organization and quality of the education can become member of the Programme Committee. New members are offered a course by the faculty which explains the workings of the representative bodies and the role of the Programme Committee. If you want more information or are interested in membership, you can see more information at ‘Join the Programme Committee’